February 17, 2015

Porch Spindle Arrows

In trying to come up with some Valentine's projects for the store, I happened on my stash of porch spindles that I snagged off of the trash last summer. These are so simple but turned out so stink in' cute in my opinion!

 I just used my compound miter saw to cut one end into a point and then I barely made cuts into the other end of the spindle at an angle to create "feathers". Then I used my jigsaw to cut out the end triangle of the feathers and added the gold/champagne details. The spindles had already been primed and not well so they already looked "weathered"!




These were just a few of the other things that were sold at the shop on February!  
Vinyl heart buntings…

And some more wood tags

What did you make for Valentine's?



Always being renewed,



Please see the link party page to see where I link arms with those blissfully beautiful bloggers that host every week. So gracious they are along with these other sweet ladies!
DIY Show Off  Todays Creative Blog vif187 all crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {5/1} Home Stories A2Z  
We Would Love For You To Join Us Each Wednesday... southern hospitalityFunky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

My Repurposed Life My Uncommon Slice of SuburbialollipopsThree Mango Seeds  Mod Vintage Life  

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE the arrows! Such a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable and creative upcycle, perfect for the holiday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your arrows are really cool! Love your little bumble bee tag!
    I have some spindles that I am wanting to cut into length wise, and they need to be perfectly straight and flat on the cut. You wouldn't happen to have any suggestions on how to accomplish this would you? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so clever. Love them! Thanks for sharing at the Vintage Inspiration Party. Sharing on my facebook page tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea, these are really fun and trendy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the arrows Kim! Catching you this week.

    gail

    ReplyDelete

Lay it on me! i love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...