December 21, 2013

Ever wonder why I love Jiffy Pop so much?

No? Okay then this is not the post for you. You may think it has something to do with my most favorite Halloween creation eva…..
but I actually made this costume BECAUSE….this is about Christmas and for Christmas
we use Jiffy Pop….a lot! 
Like every Christmas one of the kids teachers or crossing guard or babysitter is going to get one of these babies…..
You used to be able to remove the Jiffy Pop cover and then pop the fun foam face (say that 10 times….really fast!) under the metal lip. But now it has some fancy pull tab so we have to just tape the face onto the Jiffy Pop. We were going to glue it down but realized you won't have access to the tab if you do that so tape it is! We did not use fun foam for this project this year because frankly, I am way behind and this was a train wreck trig to find the Jiffy Pop. Target used to sell it and I'd pick up boat loads of it when I saw it but not this year. So I had to go to the Jiffy pop website and call around to where they "might" sell it! Luckily a Shop N' Save near us carries it so we made these a little last minute! But Fun Foam looks much better and is more durable if you are going to be sending these in the mail. 


I still love how these turn out every year!

Which do you like better…the snowman or the gingerbread face?

Always being renewed,



Please see the link party page to see where I link arms with those blissfully beautiful bloggers that host every week. So gracious they are along with these other sweet ladies!
DIY Show Off
Read more at http://diyshowoff.com/2013/04/01/that-diy-party-10/#xgMAcRCgRocl5vmh.99  Todays Creative Blog vif187 all crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {5/1} Home Stories A2Z  
We Would Love For You To Join Us Each Wednesday... southern hospitality

My Repurposed Life My Uncommon Slice of Suburbialollipops

Three Mango Seeds
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
Mod Vintage Life

3 comments:

  1. That's the greatest thing ever! I may just have to try that for Valentines Day. I don't think I can get it together for this year and can't wait an entire year to try it! Thanks for the great share...
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is so cute! Merry Christmas, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are
    three kinds of brilliant

    would never have though
    to make something out of Jiffy Pop!

    and also
    now i really know what
    i want to be for next Halloween...

    thanks for sharing
    at Fridays Unfolded Kim!

    Alison

    ReplyDelete

Lay it on me! i love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...