September 15, 2013

Fall Fun!

I realized I only really decorate my front porch for two seasons: Fall and Christmas. I am not sure why I don;t take the time to decorate for the other holidays outside but I don't.  Since last year's Fall Decorations got stolen I decided to go simple and try to use what I had but while I was at Pat Catan's I found a few things and I bought them. Bad I know but I wanted to stay under $20 and I know I'll use them again! My total cost for these decorations was $17 so not too bad. But I am chaining them to the front door! One of my BFF's Lynnie, warned me though! She said those acorns might cause the squirrels on our area to go wild! Well, If they have any sort of good taste they will leave my decorations alone! So far, so good....


What did I buy?  The husks, the giant acorns, the bird cage, the two birds and the white flowers in the vintage downspouts. Not bad. The chair, the orange throw, pine cones, wood stand and moss gourd are mine.



I found some good sticks and spray painted them gold and then just stood them up inside the cage for some visual interest.

I couldn't pass these little birds up. They clip onto things which I love and their tails were a beautiful mix of natural feathers, burlap, book pages (!), and wood scales. They are gorgeous in person.





I hot glued the brown ribbon on and then just tied them to the middle. 
Simple.


I used some fakey flowers  because I am terrible about watering my outside plants. I bought stems that looked more real and they were 60% off so I could spend a bit more.


Happy Gathering and Harvest!
What holidays do YOU decorate the outside of your home?

Just in case the thief now reads my blog........
Ephesians 4:28
28 Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need.



Always being renewed,



Please see the link party page to see where I link arms with those blissfully beautiful bloggers that host every week. So gracious they are along with these other sweet ladies!
DIY Show Off
Read more at http://diyshowoff.com/2013/04/01/that-diy-party-10/#xgMAcRCgRocl5vmh.99  Todays Creative Blog vif187 all crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {5/1} Home Stories A2Z  
We Would Love For You To Join Us Each Wednesday... southern hospitality

My Repurposed Life My Uncommon Slice of Suburbialollipops

Three Mango Seeds
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
Mod Vintage Life

5 comments:

  1. Kim it's lovely! However, I'm not in a fall mood yet, as it is still warm outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks beautiful, Kim! I love how you decorated your doors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Found you through Mod Mix Monday. I love your porch! ~Ann
    Tarnished Royalty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I featured your fall front porch today on Mod Mix Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those little birds are beautiful! I have some that I might have to dig out and do a little foofing on. I love your faux flowers too, really we never would have known :) This is a wonderful display, thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Lay it on me! i love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...