November 30, 2012

Reach out and touch someone!

Hi Peeps! Welcome to No Fear Friday, a day of the week when the Lord gets a hold of your fears and builds your faith, one prayer and step at a time.

I want to talk about friends today. Most times our fears stay fears because we don't let anyone know about them. If we are the only one fighting them, how can we win over our fears? God can do all things for sure but He also calls us to fellowship with others as well for they will help us when we can;t help ourselves.

I was reading in my Bible today 1 John 4:18. "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear." What struck me was the commentary about that verse. Love prompts us to seek out other; fear causes us to shrink from others. Keeping fears and troubles a secret keep us under the power of the devil and away from experiencing the full love and healing of God because he fills us with condemnation. He makes us wonder what others will say if they knew such and such about us? They wouldn't want me to be their friend if they knew this about me.....

Condemnation is never from the Lord, always from the devil. If you let others into you your life that can love and support you and pray with and for you, you will be able to withstand the ups and downs that come with overcoming hardship much better than going it alone.

I have a dear friend who was going through a horrible time this summer. She asked me to pray for her because she couldn't then. What happened is she was able to open up more and more and she was then able to have the burden lifted somewhat by having someone else help her carry it and her. Her energy could now go to starting to pray for herself instead of trying to carry an unbelievable weight that one person is not meant to carry.

What I also want to say is that when you invite someone in to help you with your burden, you also need to be prepared to hear somethings that you might not like to hear. A true friend will be honest and let you know what's up. They might push you a little or a lot. But if you trust this person and do not fear them, you can trust that they are doing these things because they love you deeply.

If yo are that person who has been asked to help pray or help shoulder a burden, please ask the Lord to always help you to say or do what He wants you to do and that you will be able to do so in a Christ like manner, showing love and compassion while speaking the truth.

The Lord brought a great image I had learned about in one of my Bible studies. In battle, Roman soldiers would link the arms that held their shields.


By doing this they were an unbreakable barrier to the force that was trying to overcome them.  Their individual strength  and protection was nothing compared to when they held each others arms.

Then they were unstoppable.

Link arms with someone today if you have not done so already. Do not let fear keep you in a solitary place to fight alone.

As always, if you need me to pray for anything, please email me or leave me a comment and know that I will be praying for you and linking shields with you sister!


Always being renewed,



Please see the link party page to see where I link arms with those blissfully beautiful bloggers that host every week. So gracious they are along with these other sweet ladies! Todays Creative Blog vif187 all crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {5/1} Home Stories A2Z  
We Would Love For You To Join Us Each Wednesday... southern hospitality

My Repurposed Life My Uncommon Slice of Suburbialollipops

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

4 comments:

  1. This comes at the right time for me--Your words hit home. Thank you for making me think with a different insight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again your words speak directly to my heart. "Perfect love drives out fear" was exactly what I needed to hear today. I began the day feeling blah and being a bit too hard on myself but will end the day linking shields and marching fearlessly into battle :) xo-k

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find it interesting that everyone wants to help, but many don't want to let others help. I think it is great that you are encouraging us to reach out and let someone help us in our hour of need. Recently I had to reach out to get help in making diet changes when my daughter got diagnosed with Hypoglycemia. The out pouring of support and love has really blessed my life.

    Jenny @ http://jennylynndesignz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Lay it on me! i love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...