October 4, 2011

My 50's Pink and Green Powder Room

We did the powder room about 5 years ago but I wasn't blogging then and it is such a big change that I had to post this! I still love this room and spend a lot of time there.. and not how you think! Go here to find out why...  It was the coat closet before the previous owners transformed it into a powder keg, er I mean room. So let me tell ya' if your a big man, your knees are touchin' the sink or the door.


There are no words......... This is mid-demolition because that is all I could find in my stack of pics. But picture fake green  tile on all three walls and floor. That white "mark" on the right wall is actually the lath showing through. We had to replace that entire part because the plaster was so bad. We also wanted to use the wood floor and seal it well but a certain small had permeated the wood so it had. to. go.
So, So, bad.










So, are you ready?














Badda Bing! Great!




We used left over tile from another bathroom re-do so that saved us some money although how much would it really cost to tile a postage stamp? 


Cream walls with black trim. Yes Black!  And the cream makes it look like a walk-in coat closet right!?!

I actually suggested the cream and black color scheme to one of my good friends, Cristi,  for her daughters bedroom and it looks fantastic. She added pops of black and hot pink in the bedspread and all around the room. Great work, love that girl!


Painted a 5 inch black border to make the mirror look bigger. $10 at Target



Little pops of black around the little room. I sewed the toile skirt from material I had laying around and then attached it with velcro to the sink.  Now the sink is not standing there with her pipes all exposed. She's much more appropriately dressed

We painted solid circles and open circles of different sizes in the same shade of cream but in a high gloss all over the walls. It's like a little secret =0)



                                 
My great big little powder room

What I have come to know:
Greatness is not related to size. It is related to how we address challenges because it is the challenges in life that are going to change us. And we can allow them to change us for the good or we can allow challenges to have no effect, or worse, make us bitter. Bitterness+No effect = no growth.

And because I will never grow beyond my 5' 4.267" (every little bit helps!) height, I choose to grow my character because that is the legacy I leave to others. And I want God to leave an EPIC legacy through me.

1 Peter 2: 1&2
Therefore rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy and slander of every kind. Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk so that by it you may grow up in your salvation


Love, Love, Love you ladies o' mine!

Always being renewed,

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE how it turned out! We used that same tile in our basement bathroom redo only with white grout. Yours looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete

Lay it on me! i love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...